What is web auditing?
To start, the web audit can be defined as a system of analysis and correction of a web page or blog. This attempts to evaluate the characteristics of an existing page in relation to current trends to determine the effectiveness of that page.
For this, several design, content and distribution elements are developed to make the page as attractive and navigable as possible.
For the evaluation of a web page, 2 different factors are taken into consideration, being the SEO on page and the SEO off page.
SEO on page
Within this, all the elements that Google takes into account about a web page to promote it are evaluated, such as:
- Web semantics – Synonyms and concepts related to the keyword around which the page was formed.
- Title and Description – Optimization of these elements; the presence of the keyword, the length and so on is considered.
- Headings hierarchy – The content distribution by importance levels according to the HTML code.
- Image optimization – The presence of elements, such as descriptions, that make Google consider images as content.
SEO off page
They are all those factors external to the page, which affect its positioning and promotion:
- Update and relevant content – How often a blog or page is updated and if there are entries relevant to current trends
- Linkbuilding – It takes into account the link of the page and the internal links to it; Automatic link generation should be avoided.
- Content aggregators – Platforms that allow blog articles to be distributed.
- Social networks – Promotion of the page or blog through publications and participation in social networks.
What are the objectives?
Basically, the web audit has as a general objective the improvement of a web page or a blog, but to achieve this it has several specific objectives:
- Detection and correction of errors in design, writing and distribution of content.
- Strengthening the strengths of the site.
- Analyze the user experience and the usability of the interface.
- Optimize web positioning.
Main aspects studied
Within all the objectives there are certain points that should always be taken into account regardless of the type of web page:
- Design and architecture.
- Dimensions and quality of the images.
- Page loading speed.
- User interface quality.
- Mobile version.
- Presence of duplicate or redundant content.
- Robot.txt file
What’s the importance?
From the definition, a web audit has the function of the general improvement of a web page. So this can help not only make your page look better, but make it easier to navigate, improve your page content, and even make your page more popular .
Whether it is a company, a small business or even a freelancer, if you have a website, it is of the utmost importance that it is made known and that it is able to transmit the necessary information.