If you have a business on the internet, you should know that there are tools such as SEO ( Search Engine Optimization ) that help people find your company easier , so it is essential that you take into account these types of strategies within your plan of online marketing .
In other words, SEO helps organizations stand out from the crowd , something that is achieved by offering a different proposition. According to Javier Lorente , SEO Manager of Hello Media Group , it is important that before designing a strategy of this type, companies know their audience and potential clients, to know which operator to bet on and what type of content should be optimized. .
SEO is a set of actions that must be customized to the maximum in each of the different projects. Therefore, depending on the nature of the web, it may be more profitable to invest in optimizing the site for Google (news, shopping, images, etc.) or other search engines or to bet on generating content, getting popularity, etc. It always depends, ” says Lorente .
Taking this reality into account, we note that nowadays we do not have to go looking for our clients to sell, but to make clients come to us to find the products or services they are looking for. Therefore, the important thing is to be visible when the potential customer is looking for your product or service on the internet.
Tactics to improve your website’s SEO
It is very important that companies manage to position their products or services, in such a way that they can be located on the first search pages. Remember that, according to the Search Engine Journal , 75% of users never go beyond the first page in their searches. Even, according to the same source, between 70 and 80% of users ignore paid ads , preferring organic search results.
Here are seven essential tactics to improve your website SEO.
- Improve the title and description of your website. If what you want is to position yourself in the first search results, it is important that you have an adequate title and description. To do this, you must include well-studied, different and attractive keywords and / or longtails .
- Have a link strategy . Including links from your website to other related websites and vice versa, is a key factor for your website to gain greater visibility. According to SEO expert Wesley Young , links to related content help improve business credibility.
- Loading speed. If your website is slow to load, it is possible that users have a bad browsing experience, and that Google detects such behavior. This could have negative consequences, so it is vital that you use tools such as Page Speed, which will help you improve loading times.
- Optimized website. This factor is key, especially in these times where mobiles are part of the day to day. Google has already banned websites that are not optimized for mobile devices. That is, those who do not have a version of their page that is properly viewed on smartphones or tablets.
- Take care of your social networks. What you publish on your networks also plays a very important role in SEO, so it is important that you have a solid content strategy on these platforms, since such content could also be shown in search engines.
- Original and quality content. The first thing we mentioned in this post was precisely the subject of the original content. The search engines discard low – quality content , therefore it is better to ensure that this is good, that will generate interest and can be shared.
- Don’t forget the keywords. Finally, always remember to include keywords in your valuable content. The keywords that your pages should contain should go from 1% to 3%, highlighting that the writing must be fluid and without errors.