Over the years, social networks have become fundamental tools to promote the growth of companies , as they turn out to be excellent channels for obtaining greater visibility and being able to have a better relationship with customers, if the appropriate actions are used. .
However, although many organizations have decided to bet on this space obtaining positive results, others do not see how these tools can be useful, especially due to the type of product or service they offer. And it is that although social networks help to spread, sell, communicate and expose the products or services of a company, that does not mean that all networks are useful for all businesses.
What should be taken into account when choosing a social network?
In November 2016, the consulting firm Pew Research Center published a study in which it revealed the user profile of each of the most popular social networks of the moment. It is essential to take into account what the target audience of a company is, before choosing the appropriate platforms to publicize its products or services.
- Facebook: In addition to having a large percentage of young audiences, Mark Zuckerberg’s social network also reaches audiences between 35 and 54 years old. Similarly, 62% of Americans 65 years of age and older already have an account on this social network.
- Twitter: 71% of users are between 25 and 54 years old , and it is a very popular social network among communication professionals (journalists, publicists, etc.).
- Instagram: 60% of the users of this platform are between 18 and 29 years old, but the majority are women.
- LinkedIn : This social network is used by about 25% of the adult population, the vast majority of them are professionals with higher education.
Five practical tips for the correct use of social networks
After choosing the right social network (s) to reach your target audience, it is important to consider some practical tips when starting to use these tools. Here are some of them:
- Produce a content strategy, with regular and differentiated publications for each network.
- Seek to have interaction with users.
- Humanize the brand, especially in the area of customer service.
- Listen to user complaints or claims carefully, and offer a quick response.
- Take advantage of the tools to know and understand the needs of customers.